There are so many programming languages available to use, but which one suits your needs and the needs of your project? In this guide, we will go over the similarities and differences between Kotlin, Java, Swift, and Objective C.
Java vs Swift
Apple developed Swift which is a programming language and is the language used to make computer programs. It is also used to create mobile applications or applications such as Linux and macOS X, iOS, Apple TV and Apple clock.
Java is a strong, widespread, class-based, and pure language. Java is an independent programming language which means that Java can use software or a hardware system. Java is used for many programs and games.
- Open-source community: Swift is an open-source programming language because it supports all platforms.
- Easy code: Swift is an easy-to-write or readable language. The quick syntax is easy to read.
- Multiple devices supported: Swift is a programming language that supports all multiple devices. It not only supports apple products but also supports all devices.
- Fast and powerful: Swift is a modern, fast and powerful language. In information technology, swift is a much-needed language.
- Easy: Java is simple, easy to read, understandable. Target language such as C ++.
- Independent platform: Java is a standalone application language which means that Java can use software or hardware.
- Distributed: Distributed language in which we can use multiple applications in Java. Applications distributed by EJB and RMI.
- Objective system: Pure OOP language. Java perfectly reflects the language.
Kotlin Native vs React Native
Java vs Kotlin
Java is a programming language. Java Virtual Machine (JVM) is any Java application or program on which it is made. This allows you to use multiple programs to use almost unilaterally.
Kotlin is a newer language than Java and with it, you can easily add modern features to your apps. It is best suited if you plan to develop programs that will work on the server-side. Kotlin’s other USP is that its code can be written in a simple, clear, and concise way.
Features of Kotlin
- Cut code coding offers
Kotlin uses JVM, which integrates OOP features and performance-oriented programs.
- Provides quick integration
Kotlin can support a variety of add-on activities without making changes to the code. You can write Kotlin code using IDE or using the command line interface. Smart feature streaming helps you reduce application costs and improve its speed or performance.
Features of Java
Here are the important features of Java.
- Write code once and run it on almost any computing platform
- It is designed for building object-oriented applications.
- It is a multithreaded language that allows automatic memory management.
- Facilitates distributed computing as it is network centric.
|1. App performance||High||Super high|
|2. Android 3.0 support.||Partial||Excellent|
|3. Code quality||Non optimized||Excellent|
|4. Market presence.||Excellent||Good|
|5. Adoption cost.||High||Low|
Objective C vs Swift
Objective C is an incredibly simple computer programming language with an easy learning curve and iOS app developers have a high advantage in using it since it allows them to create and enable some of the most complex and highly sophisticated object-oriented programming tasks with incredible ease. The need for creating the Objective C language was based on the in-adeptness of the C programming language when it came to handling object-oriented programming.
The major difference between Swift C and Objective is that it is a lot harder to learn Objective C as compared to Swift. Objective C did make tasks easier in the object-oriented programming space when it first appeared, but it has been 30 years since then and the language has not aged well as far as modern development tasks are concerned. The syntax is extremely complex and cumbersome, while Swift is far easier to learn and apply in the programming space since it is very similar to how you write the English language, making its learning curve much easier.
If you are a modern developer and have a good command of such modern programming languages, it will not be difficult at all for you to familiarize yourself with Swift at all. On the other hand, Objective C requires a lot of code to go through as compared to Swift, making the language highly cumbersome to apply in modern development situations where there is increasing demand to adopt agility and speed up the process. Also, string manipulation in Objective C will require you to work with placeholders or tokens, while Swift.
|Performance & Speed||High performance.||Run-time code reduces Performance and speed|
|Code and Safety||Quickly bug recognized.||NOP due to null pointers can lead to bugs.|
|Convenient Maintenance||Two file Maintenance.||Single filed to be maintained.|
|Syntax||English-Like coding||Utilizes symbols and paranthesis.|
|Uses Arcs that supports all APIs.||ARC is only supported within Cocoa API.|
Sunvera Software develops next-level software applications from start-to-finish. Schedule a free 30-minute call with us to discuss your business, or you can give us a call at (949) 284-6300.